Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
What is ISO 45001-2018 OH&S?
ISO 45001 is an International Standard that specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, with guidance for its use, to enable an organization to proactively improve its OH&S performance in preventing injury and ill-health. ISO 45001 is intended to be applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type and nature. ISO 45001 enables an organization, through its OH&S management system, to integrate other aspects of health and safety, such as worker wellness/wellbeing; however, it should be noted that an organization can be required by applicable legal requirements to also address such issues.
Benefits of ISO 45001-2018 Certification
- An ISO 45001 based OH&S management system will enable an organization to improve its OH&S performance by:
- OH&S management system’s measures will ensure that an organization’s reputation as a safe place to work will be promoted, and can have more direct benefits, such as:
- Improving the ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
- Reducing the overall costs of incidents
- Reducing downtime and the costs of disruption to operations
- Reducing the cost of insurance premiums
- Reducing absenteeism and employee turnover rates
- Recognition for having achieved an international benchmark
ISO 45001-2018 Certification Requirement for Business
There are four essential steps to becoming an ISO 45001:2018 certified business.
1. Develop your management system
- Identify your business processes.
- Document processes i.e. ISO 9001:2015 manual, ISO 9001:2015 Procedure, ISO 9001:2015 Audit Checklist etc. with the involvement of employees.
- Review, approve and distribute the documents of ISO 9001:2015 to those who need
2. Implement your system
- Ensure ISO 9001:2015 procedures are being performed as they are described in your documentation.
- As per ISO 9001 guidelines ensure employees are trained in a proper way for the tasks they are performing.
- Create effectiveness of their reporting systems to cover inspection, testing, corrective actions, preventive actions, management review meetings, monitoring of objectives, statistical techniques and so on.
- Monitor the effectiveness of your processes through the use of measurable data, where possible.
- Review and required action taken to improve in the areas required.
3. Verify the effectiveness of your system
- Conduct the audit and review the processes and system for compliance and effectiveness. Observe, interview people and look at sample records.
- Identify and report strengths and weaknesses of the management system.
- Take corrective or preventive action as required.
4. Registration of your system
- Select the appropriate auditing body for external registration/audit.
- Submit your ISO 9001:2015 management system documentation for review to ensure it complies with the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
- Prepare for review by an external auditor to confirm that the system’s requirements are being satisfied and that the management system is implemented effectively.
How to get ISO 45001-2018 Certification from ABCI?
- Inquiry Form/Client Initiation Form:
Seeking an inquiry form enables us in identifying scope, size of the firm and complexity. This will enable us to decide the best possible prices. After that, we will assign a dedicated client manager for your company.
- ISO 9001:2015 Training (Optional):
We can provide workshops, seminars or training courses to help your employees’ / people to understand the standards and its requirements.
- ISO 9001:2015 Pre Assessment (Optional):
This is an optional service offered by ABCI. Through this ABCI will be in a better position to understand your existing systems.
- ISO 9001:2015 Audit (Formal Assessment):
This is an assessment in which in audits are conducted and strategies are revised and implemented.
- ISO 9001:2015 Certification & Marks:
On successful audit of ISO 9001:2015, we’ll issuing a certificate of registration to your company, clearly outline your scope of your certification.
For complete process, please download this file.