ISO 20000 1 2011
International IT Service Management Standard
What is ISO 20000 Certification?
Due to the development in the use of IT technologies, many organizations started focusing on
service rendering quality. Availability of IT-services management system in compliance with
ISO 20000 will help organizations to determine main directions for rendering quality
services taking into account the stakeholders. IT Service management system (ITSMS) –
management system used for determination of service direction and control of service
provider activities in respect of service management.
ISO 20000 Certification is for corporations striving to sustain through their information
resources. ISO 20000 is an information technology service management system, which helps the
business to grow through effective technological balance.
ISO 20000-1:2011 is the only standard in the family against compliance to the requirements of
which organization’s information technology service management system can be certified.
Although service management system certification is voluntary, such certification provides
an independent assessment of service management system effectiveness.
Benefits of ISO 20000 Certification
- ISO 20000 Certification increase personnel motivation through traceability and
preciseness of functional responsibilities
- ISO 20000 Certification provides enhancement of customer, partner and other
- ISO 20000 Certification provides in receiving international recognition and promotion of
company’s image on internal and external market
- IT Service management system (ITSMS) increase the efficiency and reliability of
- IT Service management system (ITSMS) provides mitigation of risks, effects and damage,
caused by Information Technology and Information Security incidents
- ITSMS Certifications cause reduction of costs for promotion and regular development of
information technologies in general
- ISO 20000 Certification broadening company’s options for participation in government
- ISO 20000 implementation can improve efficiency, reliability and consistency of IT
- ISO 20000 implementation provides methods to measure and evaluate performance, processes
and practices, providing more structured opportunities for continual improvement
Requirements of ISO 20000 Certification for Business?
There are four essential steps to becoming an ISO 20000 certified business.
1. Develop your management system
- Identify your business processes.
- Document processes i.e. ISO 9001:2015 manual, ISO 9001:2015 Procedure, ISO 9001:2015
Audit Checklist etc. with the involvement of employees.
- Review, approve and distribute the documents of ISO 9001:2015 to those who need
2. Implement your system
- Ensure ISO 9001:2015 procedures are being performed as they are described in your
- As per ISO 9001 guidelines ensure employees are trained in a proper way for the tasks
they are performing.
- Create effectiveness of their reporting systems to cover inspection, testing, corrective
actions, preventive actions, management review meetings, monitoring of objectives,
statistical techniques and so on.
- Monitor the effectiveness of your processes through the use of measurable data, where
- Review and required action taken to improve in the areas required.
3. Verify the effectiveness of your system
- Conduct the audit and review the processes and system for compliance and effectiveness.
Observe, interview people and look at sample records.
- Identify and report strengths and weaknesses of the management system.
- Take corrective or preventive action as required.
4. Registration of your system
- Select the appropriate auditing body for external registration/audit.
- Submit your ISO 9001:2015 management system documentation for review to ensure it
complies with the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
- Prepare for review by an external auditor to confirm that the system’s requirements are
being satisfied and that the management system is implemented effectively.
How to get ISO 20000 Certification from ABCI?
- Inquiry Form/Client Initiation Form:
Requesting an inquiry form enables us in identifying scope, size of the firm and
complexity. This will enable us to decide the best possible quote.
- ISO 20000 Training (Optional):
We can provide workshops, seminars or training courses to help your employees’ / people
to understand the (ITSMS) standards and its requirements.
- ISO 20000 Pre-Assessment (Optional):
This is an optional service offered by ABCI. Through this ABCI will be in a better
position to understand your existing IT Service management system.
- ISO 20000 Audit (Formal Assessment):
This is an assessment in which audits are conducted as per ISO 20000 audit checklist and
strategies are revised and implemented.
- ISO 20000 Certification & Marks:
On successful audit of ISO 20000-1, we’ll issue a certificate of registration to your
company, clearly outline scope of your certification.
For complete process, please download this file.