Environmental Management Systems
What is ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems?
ISO 14001:2015 is an international standard on Environmental Management Systems (EMS) that assists organizations/businesses in identifying, prioritizing and managing their environmental risks as part of normal business practices. ISO 14001:2015 clauses explain the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance. Environmental Management Systems standard is intended for use by an organization seeking to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner and controls for those activities that have an effect on the environment, these include the use of natural resources, handling and treatment of waste and energy consumption through which organizations/businesses contributes their responsibility to the environmental pillar of sustainability.
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems helps an organization/business to achieve the intended outcomes of its management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization/business itself and the interested parties.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015 Certification
- ISO 14001:2015 Certification provides Improvements in overall environmental performance and compliance.
- ISO 14001:2015 Certification provides a framework for using pollution prevention practices to meet EMS objectives.
- ISO 14001:2015 increased efficiency and potential cost savings when managing environmental obligations.
- ISO 14001:2015 promote predictability and consistency in managing environmental obligations.
- ISO 14001:2015 Certification provides enhancement in public posture with outside stakeholders.
- ISO 14001:2015 guidelines provides methods for improved utilization of by-products.
- ISO 14001:2015 guidelines provides conversion of waste into commercially valuable forms.
- ISO 14001:2015 guidelines provides reduced energy consumption.
- ISO 14001:2015 guidelines provides methods of reduction of costs associated with emissions, discharges, waste handling, transport & disposal.
- Improvements in the product as a result of process changes. Higher quality, more consistent products, more efficient resource use.
ISO 14001:2015 Certification Requirement for Business
There are four essential steps to becoming an ISO 14001:2015 certified business.
1. Develop your management system
- Identify your business processes.
- Document processes i.e. ISO 9001:2015 manual, ISO 9001:2015 Procedure, ISO 9001:2015 Audit Checklist etc. with the involvement of employees.
- Review, approve and distribute the documents of ISO 9001:2015 to those who need
2. Implement your system
- Ensure ISO 9001:2015 procedures are being performed as they are described in your documentation.
- As per ISO 9001 guidelines ensure employees are trained in a proper way for the tasks they are performing.
- Create effectiveness of their reporting systems to cover inspection, testing, corrective actions, preventive actions, management review meetings, monitoring of objectives, statistical techniques and so on.
- Monitor the effectiveness of your processes through the use of measurable data, where possible.
- Review and required action taken to improve in the areas required.
3. Verify the effectiveness of your system
- Conduct the audit and review the processes and system for compliance and effectiveness. Observe, interview people and look at sample records.
- Identify and report strengths and weaknesses of the management system.
- Take corrective or preventive action as required.
4. Registration of your system
- Select the appropriate auditing body for external registration/audit.
- Submit your ISO 9001:2015 management system documentation for review to ensure it complies with the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
- Prepare for review by an external auditor to confirm that the system’s requirements are being satisfied and that the management system is implemented effectively.
How to get ISO 14001:2015 Certification from ABCI?
- Inquiry Form/Client Initiation Form:
- Pursuing an inquiry form enables us in identifying size, scope of the organization/business. This will enable us to provide you best possible quotation.
- ISO 14001:2015 Training (Optional):
- Upon request we can provide workshops, seminars/training courses to help your concern persons of organization/business to understand the standards and its requirements.
- ISO 14001:2015 Pre-Assessment (Optional):
- This is an optional service offered by ABCI. Through this we will be in a better position to understand your existing ISO 14001:2015 environmental management systems.
- ISO 14001:2015 Audit (Formal Assessment):
- In this audits are conducted as per ISO 14001:2015 audit checklist and strategies are revised and implemented.
- ISO 14001:2015 Certification & Marks:
- On successful audit of ISO 14001:2015, we’ll issuing a certificate to your company, clearly outline your scope of your certification.
For complete process, please download this file.